Monday, August 10, 2015

#RPGaDay2015 Day 7-10

Days 7 through 10 of #RPGaDay2015.


Day 7 - Favorite Free RPG

Normally, I would say Cthulhu Dark, but I think last year I talked about that. Instead, I'll say Everyone is John

For those unaware, Everyone is John is a free RPG where the players are voices and personalities in the head of a man named John. Each player has their own goals they want to accomplish and compete for control of John, which can be easily lost.

Unfortunately, I have yet to play this game, although the actual play's I have listened to have been amazing. I highly recommend the One Shot Podcast AP of the game, especially their Everyone is Joker episode.

Day 8 - Favorite Appearance of RPGs in the Media

This is a hard one, especially since I have not seen too many of these occur. However, I would probably have to go with the latest one I saw - Gravity Falls Dungeons, Dungeons & More Dungeons

In the episode, Dipper plays the latest version of his favorite RPG DD&D with his Great Uncle Ford. When their infinity die is accidentally rolled the game comes to life and they must battle against in a real world DD&D set. 

Have no clue what I'm talking about? Go watch the show. Actually watch both seasons. It's amazing.

Day 9 - Favorite Media You Wish Was an RPG

There are lots of media I wish were an RPG, some listed below. However, I should caveat this by saying I wish there were RPG components for this media out. I don't necessarily think each of these should have their own RPG as there are already so many great systems out there. So, the ones listed below also have systems I think they would work well in, if they don't already exist.
  • Gravity Falls - Fate, FAE, or Monster of the Week 
  • The Secret World MMORPG - Unknown Armies or Delta Green
  • The stories of Marcus Calvert - Fate or FAE

Day 10 - Favorite RPG Publisher

Another hard one, especially considering there are lots of publishers with material that I truly enjoy. Pelgrane Press, Golden Goblin Press, and Exile Game Studio definitely make the top of my list.

However, I still have to go with Chaosium. Despite the issues they have, and their uncertain future in the face of major changes, they are still my favorite publisher. They have put out my all-time favorite RPG for over 30 years and you can't fault them for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment